Entity which creates a fog effect within a specific area around it. Fog, unfortunately, will only show to players who have it enabled in their options.
- 1: "Start off": The env_fog entity will start disabled and needs to be triggered in order for fog to show.
- "Fog color (RGB)", rendercolor :
- "Fog field radius", iuser1 :
- Radius in which the env_fog entity's effect will enable for a player. Note that it will suddenly turn on as you enter the env_fog and suddenly turn off as you leave this radius. You can try to create a transition using multiple env_fog entities.
- "Start distance", iuser2 :
- Distance, in units, at which the fog starts to be visible. This needs to be greater than zero.
- "End distance", iuser3 :
- Distance, in units, at which the fog appears opaque. This needs to be greater than the start distance.
- Fog affects the environment map, also known as skybox, causing the fog intensity to be stronger in its 8 corners than elsewhere. This looks crappy for medium fog distance. If the end distance is set low enough, the skybox won't be visible anymore at all.
- Fog appears to be differently dense based on how the player tilts his view. E.g., fog will appear to be less dense in the corners of your screen.