The env_sprite entity allows you to render sprites, which are common 2D-graphics which will appear aligned to face you at all times, unless specified otherwise.
- 1: "Start on": Causes the env_sprite effect to be visible from map-load onwards. Makes little to no sense in combination with "Play Once".
- 2: "Play once": If set, the sprite animation won't loop and end after cycling through all of its frames once. If the sprite is not animated, only the first frame will show for a moment.
- 4: "Once + Remove": If set along with "Play once", causes the env_sprite entity to be removed from the game after having played. Useful for saving some entities.
- "Sprite name", model :
- Set a sprite to be displayed. Path start in modification's folder.
- "Scale", scale :
- Set the scale of the sprite effect. This defaults to 0.25 if not set.
- "Framerate", framerate :
- Frames per second to be played. Obsolete for non-animating sprites.
- Don't forget that you can use the "Glow"-render-mode here.
- Sprite alignment can only be set through the sprite itself. To do this, edit byte at offset 8 (meaning the 9th byte) in the sprite file using a HEX editor:
- 00: Sprite fixed on vertical axis. (SPR_VP_PARALLEL_UPRIGHT)
- 01: Not supported. (SPR_FACING_UPRIGHT)
- 02: Normal behaviour; sprite always faces you. (SPR_VP_PARALLEL)
- 03: Sprite is fixed in space and can be rotated using angles. (SPR_ORIENTED)
- 04: As SPR_VP_PARALLEL, but sprite can be rotated relatively to perspective using angles. (SPR_VP_PARALLEL_ORIENTED)