The env_xenmaker allows to spawn monsters with teleportation and beam effects. It can be set to act as a spawn-effect-data-template for squadmakers, in case you want to pair this spawn-effect with the customizability-features of the squadmaker entity.
- 1: "Try Once": If set, the env_xenmaker will attempt to spawn only once when triggered, instead of waiting till the spawn-zone is unobscured.
- 2: "No Spawn": If set, nothing will spawn at this env_xenmaker. Use this when you only want the visual and audible effect.
- "Monster Type", monstertype :
- Entity classname of the monster type to spawn here.
- Lot's of self-explanatory keyvalues for effect-manipulation.
- When using an env_xenmaker as an effect-template for squadmakers, you may have to ensure its position in the entity list to be after its according squadmaker(s) in order to avoid a crash on map-load. To achieve that, follow these steps:
As for why this crash may happen, don't ask me. It was by sheer luck and coincidence I even managed to figure out this fix.
- Select all env_xenmakers in your map and group them.
- Perform a copy-paste-special or clone-drag (hold shift), leaving the copy in the exact same position as its original.
- Hide the copy.
- Delete the original group.
- Unhide the copy and ungroup it.
- Save your map.