A brush entity, which can be triggered by the player by issuing his 'Use'-command on it while standing next to it and looking at it. The func_button then triggers its target. This is the most common entity for players interacting with other map entities or entity systems.
- 1: "Don't move": If set, this func_button won't move when pressed and be activated instantly instead.
- 32: "Toggle": If set, this func_button will ignore its delay before reset and be toggleable instead, switching between the texture states whenever pressed, if such a texture is assigned on one of its faces. The delay before reset still needs to be greater than zero in order for this to work, though.
- 64: "Sparks": If set, the func_breakable ocassionally emits sparks. You can use this for easily creating buttons which appear to be broken.
- 256: "Touch activates": If set, this func_button can be activated by touching it. This disables activating per use-key.
- "Target", target :
- The func_button triggers its target when used or triggered by another entity. You can add 'killtarget' manually.
- "Speed", speed :
- Speed at which the button moves when pressed, unless 'Don't move' is set. The button moves for its width in the move direction, specified by 'angle'.
- "Lip", lip :
- This value will be deducted from the buttons move distance. Negative values are allowed.
- "Master", master :
- Allows you to specify the name of a multisource entity to lock/unlock this button.
- "Sounds", sounds :
- Set the sound to be played when the button is pressed. It will play when the button is locked, too.
- "Delay before reset", wait :
- When the button is pressed, it will remain in its pressed state for this amount of time. This also affects any toggleable textures on it. If set to '-1', the button can be pressed only once, and will then remain in its pressed state forever. If a multisource entity is among the func_button's targets, that multisource entity will recognize the button's input to be active only for this amount of time.
- "Delay before trigger", delay :
- The delay between the button being used/triggered and it triggering its own target.
- "Locked sound", locked_sound :
- Sound to play if the button is pressed while locked.
- "Unlocked sound", unlocked_sound :
- Sound to play if the button is pressed while not locked.
- "Locked sentence", locked_sentence :
- Sentence to be heard if the button is pressed while locked. It is spoken with the voice of Half-Life's Black Mesa announcer.
- "Unlocked sentence", unlocked_sentence :
- Sentence to be heard if the button is pressed while not locked. It is spoken with the voice of Half-Life's Black Mesa announcer.