Root → Projects
→ Sven Co-op Level Design
SC Map DB Link: http://scmapdb.com/map:decision ↗
This map was actually just one week of work on the architectural design and another two weeks of work on the game mechanics. Originally, I wanted to create an arcade-style progressive street brawl level (with guns) and various stages. The map went horde-style when I noticed that the first stage ate away on all of the engine capacities.
In-game mission briefing:
- Revision 1:
- Revision 2:
- Fixed possible bug preventing game from ending.
- Fixed controllers rising too high into the sky.
- Brighter lighting.
- More weaponboxes.
- Revision 3:
- Less monsters in total.
- Far less triangles on navigation hull for better AI performance.
- Increased player weapon damage.
- Reduced some of the monster damage.
- Vote for whether to activate music or not.
- Added turret to player spawn to protect it.
- Enforcement of LD models for monsters.
- Other optimizations.
Players: 2 - 32 (Ideally 24)
Evil springs from a haunted shrine.
Go there and kill shit.